Friday, November 12, 2010

"OMG I'M GOING TO MISS YOU SO MUCH"

The other day I was walking to class and I noticed a couple hugging each other as if the world was about to end. It was one of those scenes you see at the airport where one person is flying halfway across the world for 6 months and they won't be able to speak because they'll be 7 hours apart...but in the middle of my sidewalk. And all I could think to myself was, really, you've probably spent the last 3+ hours together, and you now have to go sit in a room for 50 minutes where you have complete ability to whip out your phone and text the whole time, and you're going to cry about it?



So today's award goes to THOSE couples...the ones who can't stand to be apart for an hour and want everyone in public to know it. It doesn't matter that they spend every waking moment together and have lost sight of their friends, their teachers are interfering with valuable memory time that they could be making. And the public displays of affection...people are only bothered by them because they WISH they had a boyfriend/girlfriend to make out with in front of everyone else. So what if I shed a few tears each time we leave...I LOVE him/her! Even though our age probably still has a "teen" tacked on to the end of it, he/she is the ONE!



Thank you, THAT couple, for putting me in an even better state of mind to go to class.

"I sometimes think that God in creating man somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment