Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name

The meaning behind my blog name is both simple and complicated.

Essentially, it means In My Humble Opinion.

Last week, I was shopping for a birthday present for my best friend when I happened upon a journal called "In my humble opinion." I was intrigued by its bright orange color and catchy font, but it won me over permanently with its opening line. "Other people are so annoying."

This journal reminded me of last spring, when I began to spend a lot of time with one of the Jewish educators at our Hillel. I have never been accused of having weak opinions, but this woman pointed out to me one day that whenever I start a rant with "let's be honest," I always end up making a long, well-thought out argument about a subject that I feel strongly about. She suggested at that point that I start a blog about these feelings, and one day maybe even write a book.

That is the story behind my blog name.

No comments:

Post a Comment