Friday, February 19, 2010

Taking it's toll

I always forget how hard it is to find balance. Even though working out makes me feel better mentally and physically, it is always difficult around 1/4-1/3 of the semester through to find the time. I was sitting at a table with some friends the other day when a man in uniform approached me and told me about a new program called safe run. The idea is that girls who want to run at night can be paired with a marine/navy ROTC student to make sure that they are not running alone. Hopefully once that program launches I will not be able to use the darkness as an excuse not to run. Even though it is a fairly good one. But it lead to a conversation about how getting to the gym is such a production. It is preparing at your house, making sure you have everything you need, driving over, parking (the worst), finding a machine and hoping they aren't all taken, waiting on weights and then leaving and getting back home. If only I could just know when the gym is full and when it isn't. It might make the whole production less intimidating.

Perhaps I will start researching gear soon. I will need to buy that in small succession to not overload the parents with costs.

Great things are done when men
and mountains meet. This is not
done by jostling in the street.
-William Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment