Sunday, May 9, 2010

Oops I did it again...

I let life catch up with me...and eventually overwhelm me. And I forgot what I wanted. And I still haven't slowed down.

This past week was "summer vacation." I spent it beginning my internship, registering/starting one of my classes, organizing my summer study schedule, working on things for all of my activities, and basically being regular old Emily. But what did I discover? That I don't want to be here for more than another year. Even if eventually I make it back to Gainesville, this place is not going to be able to hold me for much longer. And watching my friends leave reminded me that that is ok. There is so much world out there, and holding on to the things I love is always going to be difficult. So here are some of the places I want to remind myself that I wish I was...even if it's not until tomorrow.


The Medical University of South Carolina...earning my MHA.

and more importantly...

Charleston, SC


The beautiful beaches of Sarasota


Cape Town, South Africa...which I was supposed to land in today


Back with all of those who gave their lives so that I could have a land of my own...where some of my friends are currently


Climbing (tibet)

And most importantly...the place I return to consistently each year...

My favorite place of all

“Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” – Jack Kerouac

No comments:

Post a Comment