Friday, January 29, 2010

Pausing to reflect

Today I bought the book 1,000 Places to See Before You Die because I thought it might offer an interesting list of places that I could explore in my future endeavors. However, as I sat down with it I was utterly perturbed to find that, not only had I not been to a significant number of interesting places (23/1000), I had not even been to half of the 13 places mentioned in the state I've lived in for 20 years (4/13).

How have I been living my life? Of course I know that there are other exciting places to see and things to do, but if I have not even seen things that have been within my reach for the past 20 years how can I ever hope to exceed that and reach the rest of the world?

So I am reassessing this blog. This weekend should offer some serious thinking time in which I can reflect on how exactly I can achieve what I want to, and that is literally seeing anything and everything this world has to offer, in the short 80 years it has given me to do so (of which I have already wasted 20).


"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the places and moments that take our breath away."

No comments:

Post a Comment