Thursday, January 28, 2010

the most beautiful water I've ever seen

So while paroozing my new favorite website, I came upon the most beautiful water I'd ever seen. It looked a little something like this:



This is Plitvice Lakes National Parks, Croatia. A few years back, my mom told me that Croatia was becoming a new tourist hot spot and I honestly laughed at her. Besides the appeal of it being in eastern Europe, what could Croatia possibly have to attract me? Well, with water like that I would fly over in an instant. There is something about blue that I can't say no to. And this is honestly the most perfect blue I have ever seen. But to be honest, instead of talking about the subject, I'm going to let you read a firsthand account.



Facts:
Croatia has more than 1,000 islands on the Adriatic Seas
Some of the world's best preserved medieval cities are in Croatia
Plitvice Lakes National Parks is the most beautiful park in Europe
A common greeting of the Croats is BOG which is used for hi and bye, but literally means God
Plitvice Lakes has 16 lakes in the national park



“The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.” – Samuel Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment