Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 25-Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs

At the current moment my ipod is in the car. But a few days ago I knew this post was coming up, I tried it to see where it would go and here's where we ended up:

1. Undo it-Carrie Underwood
"You stole my heart now I want it back, I'm starting to see everything you lack. Boy you blew it, you put me through it, I wanna u-u-u-u-ndo it!"

2. Leaving on a Jet Plane-The Armageddon Version
"Already I'm so lonsesome I could die. So kiss me and smile for me, tell me that you'll wait for me. Hold me like you'll never let me go"

3. Man in the Mirror-Michael Jackson
"A willow deeply scarred, somebody's broken heart, and a washed-out dream. They follow the pattern of the win ya see cause they got no place to be that's why I'm starting with me"

4. Taking Chances-The Glee Version
"You don't know about my past and I don't have a future figured out, and maybe this is going too fast, and maybe it's not meant to last."

5. Wannabe-Spice Girls
"And as for me, ha you'll see. Slam your body down and wind it all around!"

6. Need you Now-Lady Antebellum
"And I wonder if I ever cross your mind, for me it happens all the time"

7. California Gurls-Katie Perry
"Sun-kissed skin so hot we'll melt your popsicle"

8. Dynamite-Taio Cruz
"I wanna celebrate and live my life"

9. Can I Have this Dance-High School Musical (not embarrassed)
"Won't you promise me that you'll never forget to keep dancing wherever we go next"

10. Let's go to the Mall-Robin Sparkles
"it'll be just him and me, but don't forget the robot"

I think it's safe to say that this is a fairly accurate soundtrack to my life. Let's go to the mall even came on when I was driving to the mall (Total Barney Move). Most of these songs are from this summer, representing the turbulent times I went through leaving people for one place and then leaving those to go back home, returning to a place that had managed to keep moving when I had not. Many of these songs are from camp and remind me of the painful end, while some are from the fall and represent a happy time of roadtrips and vacations (I think it's safe to say that Dynamite was played over 100 times between here and New Orleans). But this is also accurate because it shows my extreme varying tastes in music (all we're missing is some Mozart). Music is a huge part of my life, and though some would claim that I am not into searching new music and discovering new artists, I am always very happy when a song speaks to me or for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment