Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 22-Favorite city

I assume this refers to a city you have visited, not just a city that you dream of visiting. So I guess I'll have to go with my new default, Charleston, SC.

Charleston appears to have it all to me. It is about the right size, falling around 300,000 (not too big but not too small either). It sits on water, making it much more temperate than other inland cities. Most importantly, Charleston is a beautiful southern city with the right kind of houses and the right kind of people. In Florida, it is difficult to find a real southern city on the water, because the coastal cities, and especially south Florida, lose some of that southern charm. But Charleston is full of places that cook good food and the atmosphere is pleasant and cheerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment