Sunday, February 9, 2014

Adventures in Cooking...Or How I Will Never Learn to Not Touch My Eyes After Cutting Jalapenos

Dill Pickle Dip on my newly knitted potholder
One of my resolutions every year is to learn how to cook/cook more/eat out less/some variation of this project. Last year, I was relatively successful. This stemmed largely from a) moving to DC and feeling like a poor intern and b) having a roommate who also loved to cook. Since those two factors have changed, I fell off the wagon. So what better time to be better than the beginning of a new year?

One of the things I enjoy doing is cooking a lot on Sunday (especially some sort of portable breakfast) and then having leftovers during the week. I've become especially skilled at this since I don't really have the ambition to do anything during the week after work.

Clearly I'm more ambitious with the goals than the blogging :-)

Last weekend I made my OWN salsa verde (minus the cilantro because I'm an idiot) and cooked chicken in the crockpot. I also made dill pickle dip for the super bowl.

Salsa Verde (I didn't take a picture of the chicken)
I signed up for the Slender Kitchen meal plan, which is nice because they have a meal plan option for 2 instead of 4. They also have a low carb meal plan, which is great for when I'm trying to actually not eat gluten. 

The dill pickle dip is a Pinterest creation, from here. It was delicious and I ate it all week!

No comments:

Post a Comment